Saturday, 12 December 2015

To 22 years and counting..!

Throwback to a social media post a few months ago:

"I've been wounded, beaten, denied, insulted, pulled, pushed, ignored, groped, doubted, controlled, discouraged, lied to, cheated on and stared at... alone, depressed, frustrated, sick, angry, crying, lonely, confused, lost and mad.

I've had a fair share of pain, grief and struggle, but what makes it better is that I've also seen a good share of joy, love, companionship, friends, smiles, cuddles, kisses, loyalty, trust, care, attention, acceptance, good health, surprises, dreams, aspirations and more.

Maybe that's what life is about.. a healthy mix of happy and sad, to know and appreciate both. It doesn't matter where we stand, but how we look at things from where we stand. I'm most thankful for all those who have been with me through thick and thin, and encouraged me to get on with life no matter what.

Cheers to 22 colourful years into a hundred shades of emotions each..!"



No comments:

Post a Comment