There is a reason why each person walks
into your life. As Oogway would say, “there are no accidents”. Each person who
bumps into you changes your life forever, however infinitesimally small the
change is. He/she would give you the memories you would recount and laugh about
a hundred times later, or teach you lessons that no school or college would
help you with, or show you pain that would first break you and eventually make
you stronger, would make you go through scores of emotions – some of them
totally weird, or make you look at the same boring world in a different
perspective. He/she would make you wonder if people like that even exist and
will help you identify the people you are better off with or without, would
provide you with knowledge that you wouldn’t possible get from any other
source, or force you to step out of your comfort zone, only to experience
things that might again change you as a person. He/she would help you get a
glimpse of how difficult others’ lives are too, if only we stop thinking about
ourselves for a minute. He/ she – a friend, a family member, a lover, a rival,
a teacher, a somebody, or even a nobody for that matter – each of them will
shape and sculpt you to become the person you are today.
Think about this: what would your life be
like, if you hadn’t met you best friend at all, or if you weren’t born into the
family you are in today, or if you chose to attend a different college..?
Let me take this moment of reflection to
stop and thank every individual who has been a part of my life, for making me
who I am today. I am not perfect; I do have a million flaws. Yet, I am me.
Thank you for being that sculptor. And to the people I am yet to meet and
greet, hello there and welcome! I hope we have a great ride ahead! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment